Baked Zucchini Bites
- 1 large zucchini
- 1½ cups coarse almond meal
- 2 large eggs *
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Cut the zucchini into 2cm circle-like slices. (Or desired thickness). Discard the end pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the almond meal, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs into liquid; or just pour some olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack over it. The baking rack will help the heat reach the entire zucchini in the oven and prevent sogginess.
- Take each individual zucchini slice and dip it in the egg/oil to cover it, before dipping it into the almond meal mixture. Cover with the almond meal and spices and place it on the baking rack. Continue until all zucchini pieces have been utilized.
- Use the olive oil to sprinkle on top of the zucchini pieces; this will help it to brown more while cooking
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let cook for about 12-15 minutes; depending on your crispiness desire.
- Serve while hot. I like to add an allergy friendly marinara sauce for dipping.
- Use Olive oil if you cannot use eggs.
- Spices are to taste
Calories: 410kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 13gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 330mgPotassium: 260mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 300IUVitamin C: 14mgVitamin D: 1µgVitamin E: 2mgVitamin K: 12µgCalcium: 120mgFolate: 30µgIron: 2mgZinc: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!