Simple Low FODMAP Gourmet Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon gourmend garlic scape powder,
- 1¼ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3¾ cup gourmend chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced
- ½ cup grana padano cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon taleggio cheese, small cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm the chicken broth in a small pot.
- Meanwhile, place a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add the rice, garlic scape powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the pan. Gently stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until the rice is glossy and well coated in oil.
- Add the wine to the pan and let it bubble for 1-2 minutes. This will burn off the alcohol but leavewith you with the flavor.
- Next, start adding the broth a ladle at a time in roughly ½ cup increments, stirring constantly as you go. Allow the liquid to get incorporated before adding the next splash.
- Keep adding broth until it’s all gone, seasoning with a sprinkle of salt and pepper as you go to build additional flavor. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure you stir the risotto frequently to help create a creamy texture and stop the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When you’ve added all the stock, check the rice. If the rice still has too much bite, then add a little more liquid (water or broth) in ¼ cup increments until the rice is tender. Once you are happy with the texture of the rice, gently fold in the cheese and chives until well combined.
- Enjoy as is, or serve with shrimp or steak on top and a simle salad on the side. Also, if you have any fresh herbs in the garden, then feel free to add a small handful to the dish too.